Maths Doctor is an online diagnostic tool which uses artificial intelligence to identify a student’s knowledge gaps from current grade down to kindergarten.
However if the student performs above 80% in their current grade, they will be assessed 2 grades higher than current grade.
The Maths Doctor Artificial Intelligence engine will present each student with a unique set of questions which is individualised to each student based on their response to questions.
If John is in Year 8, Maths Doctor will assess them from year 8 to kindergarten. If John achieves above 80% in their current year, maths doctor will asses them in year 9 and 10 as well.
Two students from the same class undertaking the assessment simultaneously will find the software providing different questions to each student based on their answers.
Three reports will be generated instantaneously on completion of the assessment(click on images to download sample reports):
- A “Brick Wall of Learning” report showing the knowledge gaps in the 4 grades as a percentage
- Within each grade it provides a graphical representation of gaps within each unit of study
- Provides a comprehensive list of all knowledge gaps.
HOW DOES MATHS DOCTOR WORK?
Very often when a student struggles in Maths or English it is due to foundational gaps in previous grades. Current year lessons in English and Maths from year 4 onwards tend to build upon foundational lessons learnt in previous years.
Often we tend to help our struggling kids by tutoring them in their current year when what we should be doing is identifying gaps in a student’s foundation and building up that foundation.
These foundational gaps will primarily be in previous grades.
Maths Doctor identifies these foundational gaps. Once the gaps are identified, 90 minute weekly lessons are provided starting from the lowest grade in which these gaps are identified.
For e.g If john and jane who are each in grade 6 are identified with foundational gaps starting from grade 4 and grade 6 respectively, weekly lessons for John will start from year 4 and for jane from year 6.
This provides an opportunity for a student to build up their foundation and build up their confidence.
ADVANTAGE OF MATHS DOCTOR
- Students Focus on filling knowledge gaps leading to accelerated improvement.
- Students focus on filling clearly identified knowledge gaps rather than working through every single subject – So progress is accelerated and achieved in a shorter duration.
- Ability to move to lower levels on Maths and English Wiz to fill gaps ensures students have a solid foundation and deep understanding of the subject rather than a superficial understanding.